RA Road Safety Forum (Sydney)
16/09/2014 08:30 to 16/09/2014 14:30
Venue: Doltone House, Jones Bay Wharf (North Pier)
The ROADS AUSTRALIA – ROAD SAFETY FORUM was held in Sydney on Tuesday 16 September 2014.
Government and industry representives reviewed safety for professional drivers, safety at road work sites and road user behaviour, as part of RA's road safety policy program.
Dave Stewart, Director General, Transport for NSW challenged RA members to improve road crash statistics on New South Wales roads. Roads Australia members responded with presentations from contractors, the NSW Police, road safety product innovators and road workers and interactive discussion about potential safety improvements.
The forum welcomed researchers, policy makers, government and transport industry professionals to share ideas, best practice and innovative technologies to improve safety on New South Wales roads.
DOWNLOAD ROAD SAFETY FORUM SUMMARY REPORT
Download presentations at links below:
- Dave Stewart - Secretary, Transport for NSW - NSW Road Safety Plan
- Jim Appleby, General Manager NSW, Downer Infrastructure - Near miss - the lead indicator
- Dean Crutchfield, Executive Manager, Roadmarking Industry Association - Road safety and working on the network
- Alan Hay, Director Strategic Analysis - Road Safety, The Boylan Group - Road safety innovation and road barrier technology
- John Hartley APM, Assistant Commissioner, Traffic & Highway Patrol Command, NSW Police - Influencing road user behaviour on New South Wales roads
- Michael Caltabiano, Chief Executive, AAPA - BEST PRACTICE: Safety at road work sites