We aim to support our industry to be high performing, responsible and inclusive, with a culture of contribution.
- To increase D&I within RA by ensuring our speakers, attendees, thought-leadership and overarching values set examples for those we represent.
- To increase D&I across industry by bringing people together to cross-promote best practice initiatives, as well as the wider social impact in transport planning and investment.
- To improve accountability by holding ourselves and others accountable for change.
To drive these objectives, the Roads Australia Board has convened a Diversity Sub-Committee. The Committee has four key focus areas:
- Engaging and retaining women;
- Supporting indigenous engagement;
- Maximising social value; and
- Fostering young talent
To learn more about these focus areas and the actions we are taking, view RA’s Diversity & Inclusion Strategy.
Diversity & Inclusion Strategy
RA’s Diversity & Inclusion Strategy sets out the actions we’re taking to deliver a diverse, inclusive, sustainable and values-led organisation and industry.View our Diversity & Inclusion Strategy
An example of D&I in action at RA
As part of Roads Australia’s diversity and inclusion strategy, we are committed to actively seeking to retain women, and skilled people more broadly, in the industry.
Research indicates that a large percentage of women who leave engineering and construction to take care of children feel they struggle to return to work because of the connection lost during their leave.
To offset this, RA offers up to five complimentary parental leave seats per major industry event, encouraging those on leave to stay connected to peers and up-to-date with industry trends.
This has been hugely successful in ensuring networks aren’t lost and improving the confidence of those who have been on extended leave as they return to work.
To inquire about these tickets, please email email@example.com