The Roads Australia newly renames Emerging Leaders Program (formally Young Professionals) taps into the previously unfulfilled demand for 'industry-wide' networking opportunities for the next generation of leaders.
- to provide opportunities for our emerging leaders to improve their networking skills;
- to broaden their knowledge and understanding of career opportunities and options in the industry;
- to add value to RA membership by increasing the depth of our engagement within our members' organisations (as opposed to only engaging with senior management);
- to provide encouragement for diversity in the industry and to keep women engaged, connected and supported; and
- to further entrench the 'giving back' philosophy among members.
Emerging Leaders 'PPP' Award - Promise, Passion and Pursuit
This year’s winner, Verity Williams, is an engineer who has worked across South and Western Australia on various roads, structures and traffic jobs. In all of her roles, they have driven not only high project performance, but also delivered additional value to employees, community and the industry.
This includes supporting mental health, engaging women in STEM, mentoring and engaging indigenous youth, and volunteering time for first aid, social committees, graduate development and safety enhancement.
In addition, Verity has also won an engineering excellence award through Curtin University, and scholarship through Main Roads WA to attend the World Conference on Timber Engineering through her thesis work.
Not only does Verity commit to their own YP program internally, they are also actively seeking ways to enhance Roads Australia’s Emerging Leaders program and drive opportunities for emerging leaders on the west coast.
Verity will not only bring passion, promise and pursuit to the role of Roads Australia’s Emerging Leaders Ambassador, they will also endeavour to enhance the opportunities for our emerging leaders.
The Emerging Leaders PPP Award is proudly sponsored by RMS
Emerging Leaders End of 2020 Program
Roads Australia is proud to have host a stellar 2020 Emerging Leaders Program. The 2020 program provided the EL's with unique insight into industry through group mentoring sessions, exclusive breakfast and networking events. RA look forward to the continued growth of the program.
To view all upcoming events, head to our EVENTS PAGE
How does it differ from the RA Fellowship Program?
The program has evolved along similar lines to our Fellowship Program, but with some key differences:
- It targets a different professional group.*
- The emphasis is on networking rather than mentoring.
- Participation isn't merit-based. Rather, it's open to all who fit the age/experience criteria, and who work for an RA member organisation.
Our events across Australia bring together hundreds of young professionals to share ideas, experiences and solutions, and to hear from current leaders about the challenges of 'stepping up' to the next level. In 2017, we hosted over 850 emerging leaders at six events around the country.
* Specifically those with 10-or-less years' industry experience, or under the age of 35
To join the Emerging Leaders network, email Prue Northey
The RA Emerging Leaders Program is proudly supported by