Victoria’s North East Link Program (NELP) is celebrating the completion of a key piece of infrastructure – a new park and ride facility in Bulleen.
The new facility is the first part of building the Eastern Express Busway, Melbourne’s first dedicated busway from Doncaster towards the city.
Bulleen Park & Ride makes it easier to catch faster, more frequent buses to and from the city. The premium station includes:
- a 5000 square metre green roof community park
- parking for up to 370 cars
- quick drop-off and pick-up bays
- walking and cycling paths that connect to Koonung Creek Trail and Thompsons Road
- bike storage cage and hoops
- ramps, toilets and myki services.
To celebrate, a community day is being held on Sunday 28 May, so that local residents can get a close-up look at the new facility.
To find out how you can get involved, click here