Promise, Passion and Pursuit
The PPP Award is awarded to an emerging leader who shows Promise, Passion and Pursuit within the transport industry. The recipient will have the opportunity to engage in a 12-month industry ambassador experience and observe and understand how leaders interact and make decisions, and to play an integral role in the growth and development of the Emerging Leaders Program.
Why you should apply
Nicki Lever chats with Verity Williams and John Hallam, two past winners of RA’s PPP Award about why they decided to apply for the award – and how the experience has helped them in their careers.
The successful PPP award winner will have access to a range of unique and invaluable opportunities over 12 months, including:
- complimentary access to all RA industry events (‘Golden Ticket’) excluding the John Shaw Dinner
- complimentary attendance at exclusive RA boardroom events, with exposure to other CEOs and influential leaders from the public and private sectors (including some travel where necessary)
- actively contribute to Emerging Leaders events, including speaking and facilitating
- observer position on our Future Leaders Committee, contributing to the growth and development of the Future Leaders Programs
- observer position on the D&I Committee to represent Emerging Leaders
- ability to engage in some Fellowship activities, including leadership lunches.
Application process and review
The PPP Award winner will be responsible for developing and executing an industry transformation project over a 12-month period. PPP Award applicants will need to:
- Identify their focus area for the year ahead (eg. sustainability, diversity and inclusion, procurement models)
- Outline up to three goals they wish to achieve in delivering change in the 12-month Ambassadorship in their focus area
- Provide a plan of initiatives to help achieve their goals in their focus area.
Applications for 2023 have now closed.
For more information, contact Felicity Lampert.
Am I eligible to apply?
Applications are open to those with less than 10 years experience, and whose company is a member of Roads Australia.
This award is not open to current or past RA Fellows.
2023 PPP Award winner – Fiona McDonald
Fiona McDonald is Senior Manager Inter Government Relations, Industry Engagement & Development, Infrastructure & Place at Transport for NSW.
Fiona is a talented senior manager with a passion for transforming the infrastructure and transport sector for the better. With close to a decade of experience across Australian and international governments and the private sector, she has honed skills in project and program management, governance, public policy development, strategic thinking and stakeholder engagement.
Fiona has led the development of complex road infrastructure projects in Western Sydney and the United Kingdom where she oversaw the roll-out of industry leading innovation programs. In 2020 she also played a key role in the coordination and communication response for the NSW Bushfire Clean-up Program winning a NSW Premier’s Award and IAP2 Core Values Award.