The NT Government has released the NT Infrastructure Strategy 2022 to 2030 and the NT Infrastructure Plan and Pipeline 2022, as part of a new Infrastructure Framework announced by The Hon Eva Lawler, Minister for Territory Development, and Louise McCormick, the Infrastructure NT Commissioner and this year’s John Shaw Medal winner.
The new approach establishes a clear direction and whole-of-government leadership for project planning, development and delivery, including:
- A refocused Strategy 2022 – 2030 to outline the Government’s vision;
- A new Audit Series to assess needs, analyse gaps and identify reforms;
- A refocused Plan Series to provide an enabling infrastructure roadmap; and
- A new Pipeline Series outlining funded projects that will be delivered in the short term to assist
industry with workforce capability and capacity decisions.
The NT Infrastructure Strategy 2022 to 2030 is based around four key goals:
- invest in the right infrastructure, in the right place, at the right time;
- support increased growth, productivity and innovation;
- improve liveability; and
- embed sustainability and resilience.
The NT Infrastructure Plan and Pipeline 2022 identifies projects, programs and proposals that will address challenges and capture opportunities in each of the regions throughout the Territory from a nationally significant perspective, Territory-wide view and from within the six distinct regions.
The Plan and Pipeline will be updated annually to align with budget processes and provide implementation pathways to achieve and respond to changing conditions, challenges and opportunities