Roads Australia has held its inaugural Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Committee meeting, supporting RA’s role in championing a more diverse and representative transport sector.
The committee is comprised of representatives from both government and industry across the nation including RA Board and expert panel members, RA’s two most recent Emerging Leaders PPP Award winners and Indigenous representatives.
During the meeting, committee members outlined their background, commitment to diversity, their perception of the transport sector and how to make progress towards a more diverse and inclusive workforce and working environment.
RA’s pathway towards the development of a Reconciliation Action Plan will form part of the committee’s remit alongside upholding RA’s Diversity & Inclusion Strategy.
A full list of committee members can be found below.
- Chair – Silje Troseth – Vice President APAC & General Manager Australia, Q-Free Australia
- Deputy Chair – Alex Borg – Principal – Global Highways Skills Leader, Arup | Customer Experience expert panel representative
Specialist in Gender Equality issues
- Katriina Tahka – Chief Executive Officer, A Human Agency
Expert panel representatives
- Kay Salvair Smith – Partner, Fusion Advisory | Capacity expert panel representative
- Alexandra Monson – Sustainability Manager, Ventia | Sustainability expert panel representative
- Shifani Sood – Senior Consultant, WSP | Transport Reform & Technology expert panel representative
- Janette O’Brien – National HSEQ Manager Transport Infrastructure LLS, Service Stream | Safety expert panel representative
- John Hallam – Associate Director, Infrastructure Advisory Group | 2022 PPP Award Winner
- Fiona McDonald – Senior Manager Inter-government Relations, Transport for NSW | 2023 PPP Award Winner
- Sharon Grey – Group Manager, Indigenous and Social Inclusion, CPB Contractors
- Hayden Heta – Managing Director – Wamarra
Find out more about RA’s commitment to diversity here