The Austroads Guide to Digital Engineering is currently being developed to assist transport agencies in Australia and New Zealand to deliver, maintain and operate their assets more effectively through obtaining better value and consistency in the application of DE.
The Guide will provide a clear, user-friendly, up-to-date and comprehensive ‘one stop’ Guide for transport agencies, spanning all aspects of digital adoption within transport project delivery and asset maintenance.
For the context of this Guide, DE has been defined as ‘a collaborative way of working – underpinned by digital processes, information management, technology and people competencies – to enable more productive methods of planning, designing, constructing, operating and maintaining our assets.’
Austroads is now seeking examples of DE for road and transport projects across the following categories:
- Quantify DE value and benefits to make the case of DE for road and transport projects
- Business Case for DE
- Improve planning through DE and RoI
- Improve design through DE and RoI
- Improve construction through DE and RoI
- Improve operation/ asset management through DE and RoI
PROCUREMENT & CULTURE
- DE contract and procurements
Cultural change and DE training
Those with case studies they wish to share are encouraged to contact Maria Chiozzi – firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3 June 2022 to discuss next steps.