RA’s Emerging Leaders Program provides the next generation of industry leaders with exclusive access to a range of networking events, informative webinar discussions and group mentoring sessions.
To view all upcoming events, head to our events page.
- to provide opportunities for our emerging leaders to improve their networking skills;
- to hear from industry leaders regarding new trends or industry innovations;
- to broaden their knowledge and understanding of career opportunities and options in the industry;
- to encourage diversity in the industry and deliver on our commitment to foster young talent;
- to further entrench the ‘giving back’ philosophy among members, including from our Fellows who support the Emerging Leaders Program as part of their Fellowship;
- to add value to RA membership by increasing the depth of our engagement within our members’ organisations (as opposed to only engaging with senior management).
How does it differ from the RA Fellowship Program?
The program has evolved along similar lines to our Fellowship Program, but with some key differences:
- It targets a different professional group.*
- The emphasis is on knowledge sharing and networking rather than mentoring (although we do provide the latter in group environments).
- Participation isn’t merit-based. Rather, it’s open to all who fit the age/experience criteria, and who work for an RA member organisation.
Our events across Australia bring together hundreds of young professionals to share ideas, experiences and solutions, and to hear from current leaders about the challenges of ‘stepping up’ to the next level.
*Specifically those with 10-or-less years’ industry experience, or under the age of 35
To join the Emerging Leaders network, email Prue Northey.
Emerging Leaders ‘PPP’ Award – Promise, Passion and Pursuit
To support the development of young leaders in our industry, RA offers the opportunity for one emerging leader annually to engage in a 12-month industry exposure and ambassador experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to observe and understand how leaders interact and make decisions, and to play an integral role in the growth and development of the Emerging Leaders Program.
The successful applicant will have access to a range of unique and invaluable opportunities over 12 months:
- complimentary access to all RA industry events (‘Golden Ticket’)
- complimentary attendance at exclusive RA boardroom events, with exposure to other CEOs and influential leaders from the public and private sectors (including some travel where necessary);
- actively contribute to Emerging Leaders events, including speaking and facilitating;
- observer position on our Future Leaders Committee, contributing to the growth and development of the Future Leaders Programs;
- observer position on the D&I Committee to represent Emerging Leaders
- ability to engage in some Fellowship activities; including leadership roundtables and the research project.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2022 PPP Award will open later in the year.
For more information, contact Prue Northey.
Am I eligible to apply?
Applications are open to those with 0-10 years experience or under the age of 35 years of age, and whose company is a member of Roads Australia.
This award is not open to current or past RA Fellows.
2022 Winner – John Hallam
John Hallam is Business Development Lead at Laing O’Rourke.
John’s background reflects the diversity of professional experiences that now characterise many younger participants within our industry.
He has used his formal qualifications in law and business to forge a career in construction and engineering, and has worked on the delivery of major transport infrastructure projects in Australia and the Middle East.
John is a passionate advocate for industry change and delivering social outcomes through project delivery. He has worked collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to tackle some of the most pressing challenges facing industry around skills, social procurement and sustainability.
The Emerging Leaders PPP Award is proudly sponsored by Transport for NSW