Promise, Passion and Pursuit
To support the development of young leaders in our industry,
RA offers the opportunity for one emerging leader who shows Promise, Passion and Pursuit to engage in a 12-month industry exposure and ambassador experience.
It’s a fantastic opportunity to observe and understand how leaders interact and make decisions, and to play an integral role in the growth and development of the Emerging Leaders Program. The PPP Award winner to drive an industry enhancement agenda through a change platform.
The successful PPP award winner will have access to a range of unique and invaluable opportunities over 12 months, including:
- complimentary access to all RA industry events (‘Golden Ticket’) excluding the John Shaw Dinner
- complimentary attendance at exclusive RA boardroom events, with exposure to other CEOs and influential leaders from the public and private sectors (including some travel where necessary)
- actively contribute to Emerging Leaders events, including speaking and facilitating
- observer position on our Fellowship Council, contributing to the growth and development of the Future Leaders Programs
- observer position on the D&I Committee to represent Emerging Leaders
- ability to engage in some Fellowship activities, including leadership lunches.
Application process and review
The PPP Award winner will be responsible for developing and executing an industry transformation project over a 12-month period. PPP Award applicants will need to:
- Identify their focus area for the year ahead (eg. sustainability, diversity and inclusion, procurement models)
- Outline up to three goals they wish to achieve in delivering change in the 12-month Ambassadorship in their focus area
- Provide a plan of initiatives to help achieve their goals in their focus area.
For more information, contact Nicki Lever.
Am I eligible to apply?
Applications are open to those with less than 10 years experience, and whose company is a member of Roads Australia.
This award is not open to current or past RA Fellows.
2022 PPP Award winner – John Hallam
John Hallam is Business Development Lead at Laing O’Rourke.
John’s background reflects the diversity of professional experiences that now characterise many younger participants within our industry.
He has used his formal qualifications in law and business to forge a career in construction and engineering, and has worked on the delivery of major transport infrastructure projects in Australia and the Middle East.
John is a passionate advocate for industry change and delivering social outcomes through project delivery. He has worked collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders to tackle some of the most pressing challenges facing industry around skills, social procurement and sustainability.