Acciona to acquire LendLease Engineering
ACCIONA has entered into an agreement to acquire from LendLease its Engineering business. Announced just before Christmas, the deal includes Acciona taking over eight key projects currently on the LendLease books.
- Southern Program Alliance (Victoria). A level crossing removal project. In JV with ACCIONA.
- Southern Program Alliance AWP1 (Victoria). Additional work. In JV with ACCIONA.
- Ballarat Line Upgrade (Victoria). Railway upgrade. In JV with ACCIONA.
- WestConnex 3A (NSW). Two 7.5 km-long twin motorway tunnels.
- Western Sydney International Airport (NSW). Major bulk earthworks package.
- Pacific Highway W2B (NSW). Road section upgrade.
- Gawler Rail (S. Australia). Electrification Project.
- The Northern Road Upgrade (NSW). Road section upgrade.
Under the terms of the agreement, the NorthConnex and Kingsford Smith Drive projects, both in their final stages, and Melbourne Metro will not be included in the perimeter and will remain with Lendlease.
The transaction, valued at AU$180 million, includes a substantial fleet of plant and equipment as well as the project-related workforce and Lendlease Engineering's business development teams. The deferred consideration is one third payable upon completion, a further third at the end of 2020, and the rest in June 2021.
RA-sponsored CPEE winners announced
The Centre for Pavement Engineering Education (CPEE) has just announced the 2019 winners for outstanding performance in units studied as part of the post graduate CPEE Programs in Road and Pavement Technology and Infrastructure Asset Management.
Roads Australia has been a proud ongoing sponsor of a number of units, and is delighted to announce $500 prizes and certificates of recognition to:
- Emma Foster, Townsville City Council, QLD – Pavement Management Systems & Performance
- Noriko Wood, Fulton Hogan, VIC – Road Asset Management
- Mike Auty, AECOM, NSW – Road & Pavement Maintenance
Other successful students in 2019 were:
- Sean Coffey, Galt Geotechnics, WA – Fundamentals of Roads & Pavements (AUSTROADS sponsored)
- Shakil Mim, Campbelltown City Council, NSW and Jessica Westthorp, Adelaide Airport Limited, SA – joint winners in Road Construction & Drainage Practices (AUSTROADS)
- Robert Clifford, Hobart City Council, TAS – Road Pavement Design (MinCad Systems)
- Scott Smith, RMS, NSW – Road & Pavement Surfacings (AAPA)